Monday, August 16, 2010

Fill The Bus


"Never doubt that a small group of committed citizens could change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has"

-Mead

This past month the Young Professionals Network joined up with Sunrise Rotary to Fill the Bus! The goal was to provide the Salvation Army with school supplies for over 300 kids. As our population grows, more families need our help. Crayons maybe $.25 on sale, but by the time you buy back packs and all the other items on the school supply list many families cannot afford these items.

Thanks to the realtors at Prudential and Lezlie at Farmers Union Insurance I was able to add 3 boxes of supplies to the bus! What really made this an exciting for me is I learned about the power of Facebook. I mentioned I was collecting items and a local car club, Northern Animation, who I have been a member of for over 10 years stepped up to help. Northern Animation members donated $350 for supplies to be purchased!

What a great event Filling the Bus was! I cannot wait to see the happy faces of the children picking up their supplies on September 23 at Oakpark. If you need help with giving your kids school supplies please contact the Salvation Army to find out how to receive these items.


No comments:

Post a Comment